A custom surgical pack contains single-use devices that are necessary when medical clinicians are carrying out procedures. All these devices are packaged in a sterile pack that is delivered into surgeries. The medical device industry works with doctors and other medical clinicians in designing and delivering surgical pack in a timely and efficient manner. A surgical pack has a selection of components that includes; drapes, surgical swabs, sutures, surgical blades and wound dressing. Specialized devices such as cardiac catheters and implants can also be included. There are many benefits that come with using customized surgical packs, below are five reasons why you should consider a customized surgical pack.
- By enabling health practitioners to work more efficiently and therefore carry out more procedures, surgical packs are essential when it comes to generating cost effective measures. Most studies have shown that medical institutions that have switched to using surgical packs have increased their daily operations by 30-40%.
- The management of cost is also made easier since hospitals do not have to keep a large stock of medical equipment which may lead to the expiry of slow moving lines. This helps managers calculate delivery costs more accurately.
- Surgical packs reduce administrative costs by minimizing the time required in ordering and keeping tabs on the inventory.
- When departments switch to surgical packs, they negate the need to carry out requisitions and standardization of stock.
- Surgical packs also reduce the number of deliveries and therefore the costs associated with delivery are also reduced.
- The time taken by staff in preparing and picking medical devices for surgery is significantly reduced and setting up a clinical becomes less stressful and time-consuming.
- By reducing the supply base i.e. having many suppliers providing different vendors, healthcare providers can save time used for administration
- The time saved can be used constructively in patient care.
- Surgical packs deliver the right equipment, at the right time, in the right configuration and to the right place.
- Surgical packs provide all the components in one sterile pack that provides proper aseptic control leaving patients less vulnerable to Healthcare Associated Infections.
- By increasing the patients’ throughput and reducing response time, surgical packs improve the quality of service.
- Since all the components are in one pack, they simplify batch traceability.
- Due to the broad uptake of surgical packs, many procedures have been standardized across several institutions that use them, therefore, driving up quality.
- Guidelines can be easily formulated by healthcare providers to properly assess themselves against set standards that may be deemed too rigid.
The amount of waste generated by units can be reduced by up to 50%.
5. Improves Efficiency
The increased efficiency means that more procedures can be done in one day since the time for preparation is considerable. The waiting time for patients can be reduced, and their procedures carried out earlier.